Who We Are
Dundonald Church is a diverse group of people who are very much a work in progress. We are flawed and ordinary people learning to become the servant-hearted community God wants us to be. We are seeking to be a group of people full of God's joy, humility, integrity and kindness.
We are Evangelical Christians
Whilst we are contemporary and informal in our style we are committed to the historical, biblical Christian faith.
- We believe that God has spoken to us in the bible. The bible is reliable and God continues to speak to us through the words found in the bible. The bible says all that we need for salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died. When Jesus died on the cross he suffered the punishment we deserve for not putting God first in our lives. We depend entirely on him for forgiveness and salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is risen. Death was not the end for Jesus. He rose from the dead, he is alive now. He rules over his world and cares for his people. He has opened the way to heaven.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return. Jesus will return to judge everyone who has ever lived. When he returns he will make the world perfect, he will welcome his people and condemn his enemies to hell.
- We believe that God’s Spirit is empowering us. The Holy Spirit gives us new life to know and grow like Jesus. We need his purification for holiness, his gifts for service and his power for evangelism.
- We repent and believe. For forgiveness and life we must turn from our sin to following Christ and from trusting ourselves to trusting in Christ. Jesus is the King in our lives.
- We worship God. We worship in spirit and truth in all of life with sacrificial holiness. Our meetings are marked by learning (not mystery), sincerity (not ceremony) and joy (not boredom).
- Our priority is Evangelism. We aim to grow disciples for Christ. We regard the gospel of Christ as the most precious gift of love and the most potent force for social change.
We are Loving Christians
Our mission is love. We want to be loving in everything we do. As individuals and together we are committed to Loving God, Loving Each Other, and Loving Our Neighbours.
Loving GodWe aim to love God wholeheartedly by listening with humble delight to his Spirit speaking to us in Scripture and responding with obedient repentance and faith.
Loving Each OtherWe aim to love God’s people sacrificially by offering practical service to anyone among us in need; whether new mums needing meals, lonely or sick people needing a visit or the discouraged needing reassurance.
Loving Our NeighboursWe aim to love God’s world generously by showing holy and respectful love towards everyone and being devoted to doing whatever is good, especially in explaining the gospel of God’s love.
We are Connected Christians
We strongly believe that we can do more together than we can on our own. We love working in partnership with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
You can email staff using email@example.com
Senior Associate Pastor