Term 1 – Week 12
Big Idea – Moses reminded the Israelites that God will go with them into the Promised Land.
- Know that Moses told Israel that God will go before them and with them into the Promised Land (Deut. 31:3,6,8)
- Understand that God keeps his Promises – Moses died but God would give the people the Promised Land (Deut. 31:1-2,7)
- Appreciate that Jesus goes before Christians (into heaven) and with Christians (by the Holy Spirit) (Matt. 28:19-20)
- Belief – Trust Jesus has gone before us into heaven and goes with us now by his Spirit!
- Behaviour – Listen to Jesus in the Bible and follow what Jesus tells us in the Bible.
Therefore, say to the Israelites: “I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.
I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.”’
A Very Special Tent (Ben Pakula) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org