Term 1 – Week 11
Big Idea – God punished the people’s sin with snakes but also made a way to be saved.
- Know the Israelites deserve to die for their sin (complaining against God & Moses)
- Understand that God provided a way to be saved (the bronze snake)
- Appreciate that we also deserve to die for our sin but can be saved by looking to Jesus’ death on the cross to save us
- Belief – Look to the cross to be saved!
- Behaviour – Learn to turn temptation to complain about God into opportunities to ask God’s help.
Therefore, say to the Israelites: “I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.
I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.”’
A Very Special Tent (Ben Pakula) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com