Term 1 – Week 10
Big Idea – Moses disobeyed God and so did not lead the people into the Promised Land.
- Know that even Moses, who knew God, did not trust in God enough to obey God perfectly
- Understand Jesus is the true leader who perfectly obeyed God and leads people into God’s kingdom forever.
- Appreciate that sin against the holy God is serious, no matter how big (murder) or small (tweaking God’s commands)
- Belief – Trust that Jesus is the only one who can lead us into God’s kingdom forever in heaven. No mere human leader can do it!
- Behaviour – Don’t try to take God’s glory for yourself (like Moses did). Do listen to what God says and put it into practice (like Moses didn’t).
Therefore, say to the Israelites: “I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.
I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.”’
A Very Special Tent (Ben Pakula) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com