Term 1 – Week 9
Big Idea – The Israelites did not trust God to keep his promises and give them the promised land.
- Know that all the Israelites, except Caleb, Joshua and Moses, did not trust God to give them the land, so God did not let them go in
- Understand we should trust Jesus to keep his promise to give us eternal life in heaven
- Appreciate the warning for those who don’t trust God and his Son, Jesus
- Belief – Trust that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, he rose again and he will come back, even when it feels hard
- Behaviour – Keep trusting Jesus and following God’s commands even when others don’t
Therefore, say to the Israelites: “I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.
I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.”’
A Very Special Tent (Ben Pakula) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com