Term 1 – Week 6
Big Idea – The people turned away from God, worshipped an idol and needed Moses as Mediator to ask for God’s forgiveness
- Know that we turn away from God and worship idols because of our sinful hearts.
- Understand that Jesus is the Mediator, who died on the cross for our sin instead of us.
- Belief – God’s people are not good people, they are forgiven people, who need Jesus to be their Mediator.
- We don’t need more miracles or better laws; we need new hearts
- Behaviour – Pray TSP (teaspoon) prayers
- Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins.
- Sorry we keep turning away from you.
- Please go with us, forgive our sin and accept us as your people.
Therefore, say to the Israelites: “I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.
I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
God’s People in God’s Place (Awesome Cutlery) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com