Term 3 – Week 05
Big Idea – Propitiation -God’s Anger Turned Away
Exodus 5-11 & 1 John 4
- To know that propitiation means God’s anger turned away.
- To understand how to pronounce propitiation. PRO-PEE-SHE-AYE-SHUN
- To appreciate that God’s anger is turned away from us and onto Jesus
- Belief – Help the children understand that God’s wrath is real. God does get angry at sin. He is not just some big cuddly teddy bear. Yes, God is love, but his anger towards sin & sinners is real and righteous because God is Holy and jealous for his Name.
- Behaviour – Give thanks to God this week for Jesus dying and turning God’s wrath away from us. Help the children think about their anger. We do get angry but our anger is different from God’s anger because God is perfect & holy and we are sinners.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.
Memory Verse Song – Grace (Ephesians 2:8-9) by Lantern Music
Big Words That End in Shun – Colin Buchanan – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com