Term 3 – Week 03
Big Idea – Substitution – Jesus takes our pace
1 Peter 3:18; Matthew 27:11-26
- To know that Substitution means Jesus takes our place
- To understand that Jesus died instead of us (swap)
- To appreciate that Jesus was innocent of sin and we are guilty of sin.
- Belief – We should see the weight of our sin and the depths of God’s grace (kindness), that Jesus died instead of us.
- This is a truth of the gospel we often gloss over because we hear it all the time, yet deep down, adults and children alike, we don’t think we are that bad or sinful.
- Behaviour – Repentance and Praise
- Repentance: Confessing sin, turning and asking Jesus to be our substitute
- Praise: Continuing to give thanks to God for Jesus dying in our place.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.
Memory Verse Song – Grace (Ephesians 2:8-9) by Lantern Music
Big Words That End in Shun – Colin Buchanan – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org