We are committed to Safeguarding Children, Young People, Victims/perpetrators of Domestic Abuse and Vulnerable Adults. Dundonald Church, is part of the Co-Mission Churches Trust and upholds their policies and best practice on safeguarding. Below you will find a copy of the Co-Mission Safeguarding Statement including contact details for the Safeguarding Coordinator.
The Co-Mission Churches Trust Safeguarding Statement
(this safeguarding statement is publicly displayed & made available by all of the Co-Mission Churches)
The Co-Mission Churches Trust (“the Charity”) and the leaders of all our Churches recognise the importance of our ministries with children and young people and adults at risk. We recognise the need to provide a safe and caring environment and are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of those entrusted to our care.
We are committed to:
- Following the requirements of UK legislation in relation to safeguarding children and adults at risk and good practice recommendations.
- Exercising proper care in the appointment and selection of all those who will work with children and adults at risk, and ensuring that workers adhere to the agreed procedures of our Safeguarding policy.
- Supporting our Safeguarding Coordinator in her work and in any action she may need to take in order to protect children or adults at risk.
- Supporting all in the organisation affected by abuse.
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
- Children’s Social Services has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a child; and Adult Safeguarding services have lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about an adult at risk.
- Where an allegation suggests that a criminal offence may have been committed then the police should be contacted as a matter of urgency.
We will review this statement and our Safeguarding policy and procedures annually. If you have any concerns for a child or adult at risk, please contact the Charity’s Safeguarding Coordinator:
07778 533 463
Our Safeguarding policy has been approved by our advisers, ThirtyOne:Eight and a copy is available from the church office: