One of the best ways of connecting the life-giving word of the Bible to the events of life is through One 2 One Bible study. They can be short-term (e.g. 6 studies); they can be targeted at a particular struggle (e.g. purity/parenting); they can simply be about learning to read and engage with the Bible together. As we speak the truth in love to one another, we will grow up to become the mature body of Christ (Eph 4:15).
What is One 2 One Bible study…?
- Two people getting together to read the Bible
- A time where God speaks to us through His Word
- A time where we grow to be more like Jesus as the Word connects to our lives
Why should we do it…?
- To encourage one another
- To help each other grow
- To train or be trained in Bible study
- To share Christ with non-believing friends
How do we do it…?
- Link up with a person of the same sex
- Find a place to meet e.g. coffee shop, at home etc
- Agree how often you’ll meet (weekly is usually best if you can)
- Choose what to study
- You don’t need to be spiritually mature
- You don’t need to know your Bible inside out
- You only commit for the length of time that suits you
If you’d like to find out more about reading with someone One 2 One, or you want help finding a reading partner, speak with Victoria Robinson (at The 4), Jemima Kettle/Matt Bridges (at The 7), Gen Johnston or Andrew Nicholls. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org