At the first Prayer Meeting in 2019, Richard Coekin gave a brief video update on the progress of BftF.
Richard provided an overview of God’s blessings to Dundonald Church, the rationale behind the building project and the progress of BftF to date.
In 2017, the proposals for a new building were approved by Merton Council and in early 2018 we announced the exciting news that God enabled our congregations to contribute a total £3.2m towards the cost of the building, reflective of a great work of God’s Spirit amongst us.
Since then the BftF team has been hard at work; finalising design plans, reviewing legal agreements with Merton Council and working together with our development partner, Green Pastures.
Things should start moving much more quickly in the new year but as a result of the commercial and legal arrangements taking longer than anticipated, the timetable of activity has had to be slightly delayed.
The key dates for your diary in 2019 are as follows:
- Wednesday 3 April – Central Prayer Meeting – ‘Let’s Go’ Vision Evening
- Wednesday 3 July – Central Prayer Meeting – Thanksgiving Evening
- Sunday 7 July – Test Run Sunday (trying out the new venues)
- Sunday 1 September – Relaunch in the new venues
Please to continue to pray for:
- Our BftF team, especially Joe Ashton, Johnno Johnston and John Marland as they seek to finalise the development agreement before Easter and then appoint a contractor.
- Negotiations with potential venues (Dundonald School and Wimbledon Chase) regarding hosting our daytime congregations.
- St Andrews Parish Church which has kindly agreed to host our evening congregation.
- Us as a church. Pray that we would be patient and keep preaching the Gospel. Pray that as we move out, we would reach our new neighbours with the good news of Jesus. As we look forward to returning to a purpose-built venue for Gospel Ministry, pray that people of all ages and backgrounds would come to a saving faith in Christ.
- That in all we do, we do it for the Glory of God alone (1 Cor 10.31).
Please click here to see Richard’s video.