- Chapter 39 ends with a tragic promise of judgment and exile. It looks like the end of all hope for the people of God. What changes in 40:1?
- What reasons for comfort do we find in v2-11? How might these encourage us as Christians today?
- Scan your eyes across v12-26, how do these various questions and observations expand our view of God? In what situations do we most need to recognise this at the moment?
- How might we sometimes feel the worry of v27 ourselves? When are we tempted to feel like God must not see or care about our lives?
- Why is the answer of v28-31 uniquely comforting?
- How practically will this part of God’s word help us to live differently? How might this shape the way we comfort one another?
Leader’s Notes (PDF)