Starter: What do you think the Holy Spirit does? How important is he for your Christian life?
Part 1 |
- Gives LIFE
- Continues the MISSION of Christ
- Brings GLORY to Christ
- Where do we see in the Bible that the Spirit gives life?
- What is the connection between the work of the Spirit and the ministry of Jesus? Are we familiar with this?
Part 2 |
Through the Spirit…
- We enjoy God’s PRESENCE!
- We experience God’s POWER!
- We’re equipped for God’s MISSION!
- What is the Holy Spirit promised to be and do for Jesus’ disciples? Does this fit with our previous expectations of the Spirit?
- How does this passage comfort Jesus’ disciples when he is physically absent? How might this shape the way we encourage one another in ordinary life?
- Read Galatians 5:22-25. What do you make of this portrait of a life shaped by the Spirit? (Especially when compared to ‘the flesh’)
- In what specific areas or situations might we need to change for this portrait to be more fully reflected in our lives?How do v24-25 give us confidence?
- In what one area would you like to grow in response to what we’ve heard about the Holy Spirit? Turn this to prayer for one another.