Starter: How would the world be different if Jesus had stayed dead?
Part 1 |
- CONFIRMED as RISEN LORD
- CONTINUING as HEAVENLY MESSIAH
- COMING as FINAL JUDGE
- “The resurrection isn’t just proof of the gospel, it is part of the gospel.” Is that correct? If so, why does it matter?
- What do you make of these past, present and future implications of Jesus’s exaltation?
Part 2 |
- SUBMIT & SERVE the risen Lord
- SEE our future destiny
- RECEIVE his heavenly ministry
- WAIT for his glorious return
Look at Ephesians 1:19b-23
- What has happened in Jesus’s resurrection and heavenly exaltation? How is his authority in v22 related to the church?
- Why might these verses encourage Christians in a world that does not yet recognise Jesus as Lord?
- In what practical situations will this picture of Jesus help us:
- SUBMIT to him in our lives? (Acts 2:32-42, Heb 12:25)
- SEE our future destiny? (Heb 2:5-9)
- RECEIVE his heavenly ministry? (Heb 7:23-8:2)
- WAIT for his glorious return? (2 Pet 3:10-15)
- How would you like to PRAY in response to what we’ve heard?