Term 1 – Week 10
Big Idea – God fulfilled his promises when King Solomon built the ‘House of the Lord’.
1 Kings 6-8
- To know that Solomon is the promised king, the heir to God’s kingdom.
- To understand God (A) fulfilled his promises to David (2 Samuel 7) when King Solomon built the ‘House of the Lord’, and (B) finished his rescue mission which began at the exodus.
- To appreciate that Jesus is the true ‘house of the Lord’ and the way God would live with his people permanently.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Know Jesus is the true ‘house of the Lord’ – the house that Solomon’s built was only a partial fulfilment, but Jesus is God with us.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Through faith in Jesus, every Christian ‘a temple of the Holy Spirit’. Therefore, it matters what we do with our bodies. (1 Cor 6:19; 2 Cor 6:15-16)
1 Samuel 16:7b
The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.
A Very Special Tent (Ben Pakula) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com