Term 1 – Week 9
Big Idea – God gave King Solomon a wise heart to help him govern God’s people.
1 Kings 2-3
- To know that Solomon was the promised king and heir to David, but Jesus is the true promised king and heir to God’s kingdom.
- To appreciate the significance of God’s fatherly invitation to Solomon but remember Jesus is the true Son.
- To understand that true wisdom is a heart that fully listens to God’s word, so that a wise person discerns what is good & evil according to God’s word and then also obeys God!
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Know that Jesus is the promised King, the true heir to God’s kingdom, and the perfectly wise Son of God. Remember Solomon was only a partial fulfilment.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Ask Jesus for true wisdom (a heart that fully listens to Jesus – trusting, belonging and obeying him). Turn to his Word to so that we can discern what is good and evil.
1 Samuel 16:7b
The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.
Jesus, when you died (Awesome Cutlery) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org