Term 1 – Week 6
Big Idea – God promised to establish the House of David forever with a forever kingdom and a forever King.
2 Samuel 7
- To know that David is the Lord’s king, chosen by God and for the God.
- To understand that David’s kingdom would be a forever kingdom and one of his offspring would be the forever king.
- To appreciate that this forever king would also be God’s son.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – We can trust God’s promises with confidence (like David) because we have seen those promises come true through Jesus (unlike David)
- Behaviour (Hands) – We can pray in response to God’s promises like David both in attitude (with unwavering belief – persistently, fervently) and in practice (with humility, praise and acknowledge of God’s power to keep his promises)
1 Samuel 16:7b
The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.
God’s People in God’s Place (Awesome Cutlery) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com