Term 1 – Week 5
Big Idea – God delivered the Israelites from the hands of the Philistines through David.
1 Samuel 17
- To know that David is the Lord’s king, chosen by God and for the God.
- To understand that God rescued the Israelites from Goliath and the Philistine army through the shepherd boy David risking his own life.
- To appreciate that when David fought Goliath, he trusted God and accomplished the mission of the king.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Do we believe that Jesus, like David, trusted God and risked his own life (even dying on the cross) and rose victorious over the enemies of sin, death and Satan?
- Behaviour (Hands) – Because Jesus has already won the battle on the cross, we can follow him into the battle and fight sin
1 Samuel 16:7b
The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.
God’s People in God’s Place (Awesome Cutlery) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org