Term 1 – Week 4
Big Idea – God chose David to be king according to his own heart, not according outward appearance.
1 Samuel 16
- To know that David is God’s king, chosen by God for God.
- To understand that God chose David to be king according to God’s own heart.
- To appreciate that God would bring about his plans and purposes for the world through David.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Salvation is not about what we look like or about good works, but rather it’s about God’s choosing us according to his own heart through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Obedience flows on from this truth
- Behaviour (Hands) – If God has chosen us through Jesus to be his child, where do we find our identity? In outward appearance or in Christ?
1 Samuel 16:7b
The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.
God’s People in God’s Place (Awesome Cutlery) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org