Term 1 – Week 3
Big Idea – Saul disobeyed (rejected) the word of the Lord and God rejected him as king.
1 Samuel 13 & 15
- The children will know that Saul is the people’s king, chosen by the people for the people.
- The children will understand that Saul rejected the word of the Lord and so God rejected him as king.
- The children will appreciate that God planned to appoint another king, a better king, a man of his own choosing.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Rejecting the word of the Lord has serious consequences because it means we reject God’s authority and God’s loving care
- Behaviour (Hands) – Repentance and thankfulness
1 Samuel 8:19
But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us.”
God’s People in God’s Place (Awesome Cutlery) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com