Term 1 – Week 2
Big Idea – God was faithful to Israel and provided them with King Saul to rescue his people from the enemies.
1 Samuel 11
- The children will know that God made Saul king, but ultimately, he is the people’s king, chosen by the people for the people.
- The children will understand that Saul looked impressive. He looked like he would be a great king, the one to rule and protect God’s people.
- The children will appreciate that God was faithful and rescued the Israelites from the Ammonites through Saul.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – God is always faithful to his promises. He provided the Israelites with a king to rescue his people from their enemies, and he provides us with a king to rescue us from sin.
- Behaviour (Hands) – All the people made Saul king in the presence of the Lord, sacrificed fellowship offerings before the Lord and celebrated Saul and his victory (1 Samuel 11:15). Have we made Jesus our king, offered our life in sacrifice to this king and celebrated daily King Jesus & his victory?
1 Samuel 8:19
But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us.”
God’s People in God’s Place (Awesome Cutlery) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org