Term 1 – Week 1
Big Idea – The Israelites rejected God as their king when they demanded a king to rule over them.
1 Samuel 8
- The children will know that Saul is the people’s king, chosen by the people for the people.
- The children will understand that the Israelites demanded a king to rule over them to be like all the other nations.
- The children will appreciate God’s sovereignty over his people, despite their rejection of him as King.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Sin is the rejection of God as King. All people sin therefore all people reject God’s rule. But God is always sovereign over everything even when people reject him.
- Behaviour (Hands) – God is king, have you rejected him as the Israelites did, or have you submitted it his rule and trust that he knows best?
No memory verse this week.
God’s People in God’s Place (Awesome Cutlery) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com