Term 2 – Week 10
Big Idea – The Holy Spirit secures the hope of glory to come and guarantees glory on the last day.
- To know that glory is the climax of God’s plan of salvation. It’s where all of human history is heading. Introduce them to the ‘now but not yet’ tension.
- To understand suffering is part of life now because of our world is marred by sin (for people and the whole of creation), but compared to the glory to come, it pales in comparison.
- To appreciate that the Holy Spirit enables us wait eagerly and patiently now for Christ to return and transform us on the last day.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Help the children to think through whether or not they have true Christian hope – the hope of glory! Look back to the cross – look forward to glory.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Suffering is inevitable in life and some children may have already experienced suffering themselves or their family. Discuss how the hope of glory encourages believers in times of suffering. What things can we remember and do to help us wait patiently for Christ’s return even in times of suffering?
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com