Term 2 – Week 08
Big Idea – In Christ, believers are free from the power of sin and are now called to live for Him.
- To know that through faith in Jesus, we are united to Him (we are in Christ)
- To understand that through the death of Jesus we are free from the power of sin. Therefore, sin is no longer our master.
- To appreciate that believers can & must live a transformed life because we are dead to sin and alive to Him.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – If sin is no longer our master because of our faith in Jesus, then our life can and must be transformed to a life of righteous.
- It’s good and right to be different to those around us.
- We should willingly offer ourselves to the service of God.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Ask: How can we live like Jesus this week, in service to God?
- Break it down: The tongue, the eyes, the hands, the mind, our body.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com