Term 2 – Week 07
Big Idea – The death of Jesus on the cross completely overcomes the effects of Adam’s sin.
- To know Adam’s act of sin brought condemnation, sin and death to all people
- To understand Christ’s death on the cross brings justification, righteousness and life to those who believe
- To appreciate that the death of Christ is a gift from God that completely cancels out the effects of Adam’s sin
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Help the children not just know in their heads, but be wowed by greatness of Jesus’ death on the cross and the magnitude of what it achieved for those condemned to death.
- His death overcame the universal effects of Adam’s sin and brings life to those who have faith. Wow!
- Behaviour (Hands) – Encourage the children to praise God for his mighty act of grace through Jesus on the cross. To praise God is to tell Him how great he is.
- You can pray, praise prayers. “God you’re awesome because…”
- Talk about how they can praise God home and school during this week.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org