Term 2 – Week 06
Big Idea – Faith in Jesus gives sinners peace with God and the hope of glory in eternity.
- To know that peace with God is one of the blessings given to sinners because we have been justified by faith in Jesus
- To understand that the hope of glory (hope in eternity) is another blessing given to us because we have been justified by faith in Jesus
- To appreciate that justification by faith should change what we take pride in now and boast about
- Belief (Head / Heart) – If we have been justified by faith in Jesus, we should see the world, and even our own suffering, differently. Our eternity is secure – praise God!
- Where is our confidence, boast & hope? Or do our put my trust in our own achievements?
- Behaviour (Hands) – What am I bragging about to my friends? Are we proud to be followers of Jesus? Do we speak up about the hope of glory we have through Jesus? How might our “bragging rights” might change this week? Pray for opportunities to speak up for Jesus. Genuine faith is seen in our action and behaviour.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com