Term 2 – Week 05
Big Idea – The gospel proclaims a righteousness of God that is by faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ
- To know believers are declared not guilty for our sin because of Jesus’ death on the cross
- To understand Jesus bore God’s anger on the cross for us and instead of us
- To appreciate justification is only by faith
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Four times in these verses we are told that it is by faith/to all who believe in Jesus that a sinner is made right with God and brought back into a relationship with Him.
- Do we believe this gospel? Faith is more than head knowledge but it is heart and hands as well.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Genuine faith is seen in our action and behaviour.
- How is my behaviour different to my non-Christian friends at school? Does my life look different? What can I do this week, that will demonstrate my faith in Jesus?
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This is the Gospel (Colin Buchanan) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com