Term 2 – Week 04
Big Idea – All people (both Jew & Gentile) are guilty before God because of their sin.
- To know all people are sinners, both Jew and Gentile
- To understand all people stand under God’s judgement because of their sin
- To appreciate no one will be saved by doing good works (v20)
- Belief (Head / Heart) – There is nothing we can ‘do’ to save ourselves. Often, deep down, people think that their sin isn’t that bad, and surely there are ‘good works’ we can do that will contribute to our salvation.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Confess our sins to God and give thanks God for Jesus who is the source of our salvation
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This is the Gospel (Colin Buchanan) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org