Term 2 – Week 03
Big Idea – God is angry at all human sin, because he showed himself to us in creation but we reject Him
- To know that God is angry at all human sin and this is the necessary reaction of a holy God to sin
- To understand that sin is rejection of the truth about God as revealed in creation. It’s a heart problem. Humans have no excuse for not believing in God.
- To appreciate that God doesn’t force people to believe in him. If someone rejects Him, then he will let them go their own way.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – We all need to be encouraged to take our sin and God’s anger (wrath) at sin more seriously. Deep down, we all underestimate both.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Repentance and thankfulness are the right responses to today’s passage. Whether we are believers in Jesus or not, we all sin and deserve God’s wrath. We should say sorry to him. If we believe in Jesus then there is much to thank God for!
- What would thankfulness to God look like in our lives in the week ahead?
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This is the Gospel (Colin Buchanan) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com