Term 2 – Week 02
Big Idea – The gospel is God’s powerful word to save everyone who believes (Jew & Gentile)
- To know Paul wanted to visit Rome so he could preach the gospel to them.
- To understand that the gospel is God’s power for salvation.
- To appreciate that salvation can only be attained through faith alone.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – The gospel really is God’s powerful to word to save!!!
- Is it hard to believe this when lots of people we know and love do not follow Jesus, and when people make fun of us?
- Behaviour (Hands) – Don’t be ashamed of the gospel – even when we’re tempted!
- If the gospel is God’s powerful word to save, then we need to be actively telling our friends and loved ones about Jesus.
- Write down three people who don’t know Jesus. Commit them to prayer, invite them to church/JOLT and try and tell them about Jesus.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This is the Gospel (Colin Buchanan) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com