Term 2 – Week 01
Big Idea – God appointed Paul to share the gospel (good news!) with the Gentiles, so they might follow Jesus.
- To know the identity of Paul, i.e. who he is and what God has called him to do.
- To understand the content of the gospel i.e. that Jesus Christ is Lord.
- To appreciate what it means to follow Jesus i.e. obedience (to Jesus, for Jesus) that comes from faith.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Confessing “Jesus Christ is Lord” = Believing the gospel & following Jesus.
- Do we believe this gospel? Is Paul’s confession also our confession?
- Behaviour (Hands) – Paul says obedience comes from faith, so to follow Jesus is to trust and obey him.
- What does obedience look like in our lives?
- Is our behaviour different from my friends at school? How can we be different?
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’
This is the Gospel (Colin Buchanan) – YouTube
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org