Term 2 – Week 02
Big Idea – Jesus revealed his glory when he turned the water into wine.
- To know that Jesus changing water into wine is the first sign to show us the glory of God.
- To understand that Jesus brings a new way of salvation into God’s kingdom which is through himself. (He replaces the old Jewish way with himself. He takes what is old and makes it new!)
- To appreciate that purification of sins now comes through the death & resurrection of Jesus not through ritual washing by water.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Jesus is the one that cleanses our sin once and for all. There is nothing we can do or have to do to be saved/cleansed/forgiven. Salvation is received by faith through Jesus alone.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Encourage the kids to respond with faith to this sign and give thanks to Jesus for the cleansing of our sin.
Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ) the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com