Term 3 – Week 10
Big Idea – Christians will find their true identity in Christ in eternity.
Revelation 21 & 1 Corinthians 15
- To know that God promises to make everything new in eternity (a new heaven & earth and new bodies, but with no more sin, death or Satan)
- To understand that believers (those who are in Christ) will dwell with God in the new creation forever (Remember: The goal of creation = rest!)
- To appreciate that believers will be given new resurrection bodies in the new creation.
- Belief – The gospel of Jesus is the only hope for a full and flourishing life now (as we learnt last week) but also in eternity, because those in Christ will dwell with God in His new creation forever clothed with new resurrection bodies.
- This is the truth that we need to encourage the kids to hold onto in a world that denies Christ, rejects God and lives for the self.
- Behaviour – If we are in Christ now and look forward to the full and flourishing life in the new creation with God with our new bodies, then ‘what kind of person ought we to be? We ought to live holy & godly lives’ (2 Pet 3:11).
- It matters how we live now and what we do with our bodies. Discuss about how we can practically live the faithful Christian life when our identity is found in Christ alone.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org