Term 3 – Week 06
Big Idea – Sin is rejecting and disregarding God and his Word, who is creator and sovereign ruler over all things
Genesis 3 & Ephesians 2
- To know that Adam & Eve rejected & disregarded God when they listened to the snake and ate the fruit from the tree.
- To understand that sin results in alienation from God because it seeks independence from Him (creator & supreme ruler).
- Remember: Humans were created for rest with God.
- To appreciate that independence from God and choosing to live how one wants to live, i.e being like God knowing good & evil (Gen 3:5) is not the full & flourishing life the world promises because there is no life outside of God.
- Belief – Encourage the kids to hold onto…
- the truth that God made all things and is supreme ruler over all things. He alone determines what it means to be a flourishing human.
- the Word of God and the hope of the Lord Jesus Christ, in whom we are forgiven and can find or true identity.
- Behaviour – Encourage repentance & compassion
- Repentance – It’s right to confess our sins, because we are all tempted to live our own lives and think we know what’s best.
- Compassion – for our unbelieving friends & family (who think they’re free to be who they’re truly meant to be, when in fact they’re dead in sin, slaves to Satan & objects of wrath.), to pray for them & share the good news of Jesus with them.
A Dundonald Kids original!
Acts 17:24-28 Memory Verse
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org