Term 3 – Week 04
Big Idea – God made men & women equal but different
Genesis 1 & 2
- To know that humanity is made up of two halves, male and female.
- To understand that men and women were created differently.
- To appreciate that our gender is not something we can change.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Encourage the kids to hold onto the truth that our gender is not something we can change.
- It is a good gift given by God.
- It is part of our identity and it is part of what it means to be created in the image of God for to be human means to be either male or female.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Encourage the kids to pray and give to God for making them male or female (Note: some children may struggle with gender identity).
- Talk about ways they can show respect and compassion at school to those of opposite sex and those who struggle with gender identity.
The God who made the world and everything in it, is the Lord of heaven and earth, and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; andhe determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’
A Dundonald Kids original!
Acts 17:24-28 Memory Verse
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com