Term 3 – Week 03
Big Idea – God rested on the seventh day and invites us to rest in him.
Genesis 2 & Hebrews 3-4
- To know God worked for 6 days and then rested from his work on the 7th day.
- To understand that God blessed the 7th day and made it holy.
- To appreciate that ‘rest’ was the goal of creation and it is central to understanding what it means to be human and flourish as a human.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – If the goal of creation was rest, then true humanity finds its expression in that rest, i.e. enjoying God in relationship with him. This is our goal in life.
- Remind the children that we cannot understand what it means to be human apart from knowing God through Jesus.
- Only those who trust in Jesus will flourish in life, because they are living the way we were created to be – enjoying God in relationship with him.
- Behaviour (Hands) – For those who don’t know Christ, then encourage them to turn and repent and follow him.
- For those who do know Christ, encourage them to keep trusting Jesus, and to give thanks to God for the rest we look forward to in Christ. Encourage them to share the gospel with a non-Christian friend this week.
The God who made the world and everything in it, is the Lord of heaven and earth, and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; andhe determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’
A Dundonald Kids original!
Acts 17:24-28 Memory Verse
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com