Term 3 – Week 02
Big Idea – God created the heavens and earth with order and purpose.
Genesis 1 & Colossians 1
- To know that humans are different from the animals because they were created in the image of God.
- To understand that humans were created by God and for God. To rule over the fish of the sea and birds of the air and be in a relationship with him.
- To appreciate that Jesus rules all of creation. He created the world with God.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – The Sovereign God created the world and humans. The world including humans belong to God. Therefore, he alone determines what it is to be human.
- If we belong to God, then our bodies and our lives belong to him.
- Behaviour (Hands) – The Sovereign God made the world and the people so we should…
- Give thanks for his diversity in creation
- Love all people because all people are created in the image of God.
- Discuss what loving others looks like at school / home / clubs etc.
The God who made the world and everything in it, is the Lord of heaven and earth, and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; andhe determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’
A Dundonald Kids original!
Acts 17:24-28 Memory Verse
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com