Term 3 – Week 01
Big Idea – God is the supreme ruler; He rules the universe with all authority and all power.
Psalm 104 & Colossians 1
- The children will know that God is the supreme ruler of the universe.
- The children will understand what sovereignty means; ruling the universe with all authority and all power.
- The children will appreciate that God’s rule is now exercised and displayed through Jesus.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – God, who is revealed to us in the Bible, is the only one who can tell us what it means to be human.
- Encourage the children to love and hold on to this truth, to read and listen to what the Bible says as the most important voice in our lives, even more than the voices at school, in the playground or on the television.
- Behaviour (Hands) – The Psalm calls readers to Praise the Lord i.e. to tell God how great he is.
- “Dear God, you’re awesome because…“
The God who made the world and everything in it, is the Lord of heaven and earth, and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; andhe determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’
A Dundonald Kids original!
Acts 17:24-28 Memory Verse
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org