Term 1 – Week 05
Big Idea – Joash wanted to obey God but over time he abandoned the Lord and turned away from Him
2 Kings 12 & 2 Chronicles 24
- To know that Joash did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, while the priest Jeohiada was alive.
- To understand that Joash had the temple of the Lord repaired and strengthened. In the beginning he desired to obey God, which in turn lead the people back to Him.
- To appreciate that Joash eventually turned away from the Lord and refused to turn back to him, the one true king.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – Warning: God takes sin seriously. Note: We will see this implication coming up a lot over the remainder of the term. Be thankful in our hearts for King Jesus who carried on and remained faithful to the end and thankful for his Spirit, who enables us to carry on in Him until the very end, despite our sin.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Give thanks to God for the greatest King Jesus who wanted to obey and did obey right until the very end and into eternity.
2 Chronicles 26:15-16
The Lord, the God of their ancestors, sent word to them through his messengers again and again, because he had pity on his people and on his dwelling-place. But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org