Term 1 – Week 04
Big Idea – The miracles of Elisha show that he is the prophet of the one true God who alone has the power over life and death.
2 Kings 5
- To know that the miracles of Elisha proved he was the man of God, the prophet of the one true God.
- To understand that the miracle of Elisha demonstrated the power & presence of God
- To appreciate that Elisha healed Naaman of his skin disease, and Naaman (the Syrian commander) turned towards Yahweh the God of the Israelites and promised to worship Him alone.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – God demonstrated his power & presence in the world through the miracles of Elisha. God continues to demonstrate his power & presence in the world today through the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the true Son of God
- Behaviour (Hands) – Let’s give thanks for Jesus, the true Son of God who defeated death and cleanses the heart disease of all those who put their faith in him. May we turn and worship Him.
2 Chronicles 26:15-16
The Lord, the God of their ancestors, sent word to them through his messengers again and again, because he had pity on his people and on his dwelling-place. But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com