Term 1 – Week 01
Big Idea – Jeroboam sinned against the Word of the Lord and subsequently turned God’s people against Him too.
1 Kings 12:25-13:10
- To know that Jeroboam failed to trust God and set up his own false/man made system of worship. He sinned against the Word of the Lord.
- To understand that Jeroboam actively led the Israelites towards disobedience and sin against God.
- To appreciate that Jeroboam did not repent of his sin before the Lord.
- Belief (Head / Heart) – GGod is not only a God of mercy and kindness but a God of judgment. Help the children to grapple with this aspect of God’s character as we are going to be confronted with it a lot this term.
- Behaviour (Hands) – Thank God for Jesus, who takes the punishment for our sin. Repent before the Lord for our sin. Identify where we have disobeyed the word the Lord this week. Talk about how we can specifically trust in God and live for him, especially as we head back to school
2 Chronicles 26:15-16
The Lord, the God of their ancestors, sent word to them through his messengers again and again, because he had pity on his people and on his dwelling-place. But they mocked God’s messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy.
This has been put together using purchased external material and therefore this resource may only be used by Dundonald Church. For more information please contact email@example.com