Part 1 |
- Almighty God is the uncreated creator of all things
- Nothing that exists was created apart from him
- Everything that exists owes its existence to him
- How might this view of creation contrast with other views in our culture?
- Do you feel confident that the Bible’s teaching is credible and commendable?
Part 2 |
- God the Creator of all is worthy of all our worship
- Wisdom and blessing come from following the Creator’s design
- Read Gen 1:1-5
- What do you notice about the way the creation account is told?
- What do the details reveal about God and the world?
- Read Rev 4:9-11
- According to v11 why is the Lord God worthy to receive worship? How does this help us grasp the horror of idolatry (cf. Rom 1:21-23)?
- How does the setting of v9-10 help our thinking and emotional response to this God & his deeds?
- Consider together the real- life implications of this picture of God the Almighty Creator for our:
- Worship: In what specific areas are we tempted to give ultimate honour and glory to something instead of God? Why is this outrageous?
- Wisdom: Do we really believe that God’s ways are the best way to live? Where might we (as individuals or as a group) struggle with this?
- Witness: What difference will it make to the way we speak to all different kinds of people about God if we believe he is the creator of all?
- How would you like to pray in response to what we’ve heard?